/* -- trackback comment code -- */

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Oh my... its been so long!

Howdy bloggers. Yep, its been a long time since my last post. Honestly I have no excuse. I don't have school anymore. I don't have a second job anymore. I haven't even been out on the new boat but 1 time because of all the crappy weather. I just couldn't seem to remember to blog. You see, I use to blog when I was doing school work. I did it to avoid doing school work. Now, I don't do school work so I don't have to avoid it by blogging. I know... lame excuse.

Anyway, this week my diploma finally showed up. Via the mail. With lots of fanfare. The postman came to the door with songs in the background... full robe... gave a little speech. Just kidding. It just showed up with a packaged marked "Do not bend". Woohoo. But, that is exactly what I was expecting.

However, the trip to Vegas and the new boat more than make up for it. And, I'm working right now (yes, on a Saturday) to help pay for all that new stuff. I hope today is quiet so I can catch up on my blogging.

We went to our fav watering hole last night: The Blue Goose. It was going very well. Martinigal showed up, we ate, drank and were merry. Until....

The thing about kids is that they just do stuff. They really have no concept of where they are and how their behavior should change in various locations. So, we are almost done with dinner. K decides she has to have dessert. We order one and she digs in. Now, this is a girl who only eats dinner because we make her. But when it comes to dessert she is like a mother bear protecting her cubs. You mess with her dessert and she is likely to attack. SO, she's all upset because the wifey and I keep taking bites. Finally we decide to let her have it all and quit picking at it. Well, to make up for the lost bites, she tries to stuff a ton in her mouth. This appears to be a common 4 year old approach to protecting their dessert.

Anyway, after she stuffs too many bites in, she gets choked up. Next thing you know, she is puking on the plate. Mmmm... always good in a crowded place. The aroma was very pleasant as well. Perhaps that can be the new J.Lo scent. Anyway, we clean her up as fast and as best we can and bail out of there.

I felt a hint of guilt thinking of the poor bastard that came over to clean the table. He had no idea what was waiting for him on that plate. And the next people to sit at that table were probably like "What the hell is that smell?"

Lastly, I watch "For Love of the Game" last night. I've seen it before but I thought I'd watch a baseball type flick to kick off baseball season. Its kind of a chick flick but it is also about baseball which makes it more of a guy flick. Maybe it should be a gick flick (or for those concerned about political correctness, a non-gender specific theatrical film). 4.5 of 5 stars.

Ok, off to waste time on something else.