/* -- trackback comment code -- */

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Holy crap I'm hungry!

Well, I'm not hungry anymore, but when I got home I was freaking starving? Let's just recap how this happened. So, I'm off in AZ right... I get up for an 8a meeting. For those of you who are reading this that just started college and you think, "I'm never scheduling 8am classes", word of advice: DON'T SCHEDULE 8AM MEETING EITHER. I mean, what the ....? I don't want to be up there at 8am getting grilled by a bunch of people. I'm traveling for Christ sake. Let me sleep in... roam around finding a Starbucks... Anyway, I got side tracked.

So, 8am, I did find a Starbucks for my all time favorite drink: Venti Vanilla Non-Fat Latte. Yum. The only thing that could be better is if I find a drink with a longer name. So, I get a coffee cake too and off to the meeting. 2.5 hours later, we finish. But we have to go immediately to another meeting. I did manage to pee thank God because by this point that Venti was becoming a Pain in the Bladder and it is never pretty to see a grown man wet himself. Although, I suppose it would have let me skip my next meeting... I'll have to think about that next time.

So, we are off to an 11a meeting where, for 2 hours, I get grilled. But here's the problem. My flight is at 2:30. So we leave the place at 1p and begin a mad dash for the airport. Of course, I get there and the security line is like 300 feet long because Billy Bob and his friend Mooky seem to think that the world moves at half speed and, despite the fact the line is 300 feet long they only need to have one person doing security checks. Yes, this is Mooky with buck teeth being supervised by Billy Bob who is sitting comfortably behind the nylon rope screaming, "DON'T FORGET TO TAKE OFF YOUR DANG SHOES PEOPLE!"

I rush to the gate to get on the plane just in the nick of time. Sit down, and as luck would have it I was in the very last row to get served drinks. Of which the airlines want me to be forever grateful that I got served a drink at all since they are "primarily here for my safety". Yep, I don't know what I'd do if the plane was plummeting at 500 mph toward the ground without Barbie and Ken telling me to put my head in my lap and remain calm.

So, I finally get a coke and a bag of pretzels. Then, I asked if I could have.... OMG... TWO bags. You would have thought I asked for their first born child to be named Mooky.... Anyway, Ken begrudgingly gave me another bag. Apparently he was still angry at the fact I had left my mp3 player on during our push back. He quickly came over as only people there primarily for my safety could and told me to TURN THAT OFF.

So, I get to the airport, get to the bus, get in my car, get on the road and... crap.. rush hour... over an hour later I finally get near my house where I get in line to get a burger. Of course the car in front of me decides to order food for the entire Bush inaugural party. Once I finally get my food I get home, kiss the kids, the wife and eat. Man was I hungry.

Thank God I'm home again.