/* -- trackback comment code -- */

Thursday, November 11, 2004

A day in slow motion

Do you ever have one of those days?  Those days that seem to go by so.....    slow.....  you just can't take it?  I'm in the middle of one right now.  I've read all the news, looked at all my email, played some foosball, even chatted with the employees.  But still I can't get motivated to do anything.  Here's the ironic thing about it though.  I get a call from the boss saying that on Monday we will be meeting to discuss the best way to measure success for my position.  Now, at first this may seem a little scary.  It may seem he is setting me up to show how incompetent I am.  And, any other day I would have shat my pants.  But, he also gave me a stock option grant at the same time indicating my strong performance.  WOOHOO!!!
 
So, here I am thinking, for starters perhaps success should be measured by the ability to get motivated! OH well, so goes the business world. 
 
No interesting news to report outside of work.  School, kids, wife, same ole.  I have been itchin' to play some online poker for real money but have yet to make the plunge.  Not sure if I'd lose my shirt or not.  Seems like a lot of less than stellar players out there but who knows. I never did get my ID from the Amatuer Poker League that I requested.  I had hoped to play some local tourneys that are for prizes and therefore legal.  Like they have them on Tue nights at Wizards in Richardson.
 
No new movies to review although I will comment on the TV shows I watched.
 
Lost
I was really disappointed in the first 2-3 episodes of this show because the plot moved along so slow.  But now it seems they are getting a move on and it is much better.  I watched last nights episode and found it to be an intense one.  4 of 5 stars
 
Scrubs
I love this show.  The quirkiness of the characters just makes it fun.  I think I've about had it with "reality tv" and the need for everything to be real.  Sometimes I just want to sit down, turn off my brain and be entertained.  4.5 of 5 stars.