/* -- trackback comment code -- */

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Art House Films... Why Do They Always End Weird?

So, I'm watching The Station Agent last night.  An art house type film that really had potential.  It had a totally unique plot and new faces that could spell a good movie.  But, I found I was disappointed.  Not at the whole movie just the ending.  It just doesn't really "end".  And I found myself wondering why all art house type films tend to have some bizarre ending?  Perhaps I don't understand good art.  Let's face it, I'm not the artsy fartsy type anyway.  But, I really think movies should typically have you walking out going "Cool movie.  I didn't see that coming."  Or maybe "Cool movie, I'm so glad they worked that out."  But, in this movie, I just ended by saying, "Huh?"  So, I give this movie a 3 of 5 stars.  Excluding the ending a 4 of 5.  But, the ending just blew it for me.
 
I just realized a problem.  I don't have any other rentals to watch at home!  This is terrible!  Let's hope HBO comes through...