/* -- trackback comment code -- */

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Ahh... The Sweetness of Laziness

I was laying on a beach, drinking ice cold
Corona's with Britney Spea....uh... check that... the wife next to me. Relaxing, realizing how rich I was and that I never had to take another customer call waiting to bitch me out again when... Suddenly... I hear the faint voice, "Its time to get up. Koree, are you getting up?" The wife was waking me up from my peaceful beachside adventure.

Yep, I was lazy for the 2nd day in a row. Skipped the gym... hit the snooze... it was greatness. So here's what I've discovered. I like being lazy. I mean really, what is better than doing nothing? Well, maybe not nothing, but at least what you WANT to do.
Xbox. Golf. Sportbar. I could list any number of things. My ideal day would be something like...

Wake up at 10a. Watch
ESPN until about 11a then finally shower and head out for a lunch with the guys somewhere like Hooters or Skoots. Then, a round of golf with plenty of beer while the temp outside was about 68. Now, home and hang with wife and kids until 9p when everyone (kids and wife - since she is NOT a night owl) hit the hay. Then out to a movie or maybe the local pub for darts.

Notice school, work, bills, house crap, nothing mentioned in there. If only I could achieve that. One of my favorite quotes comes from the movie
Office Space. Lawrence asks Peter, "What would you do if you have a million dollars?" Peter replies, "Nothing. I'd do absolutely nothing." To which Lawrence say, "Shit man, you don't need a million dollars to do that! My cousin doesn't have a million dollars and he doesn't do shit!"

It really makes you think...