/* -- trackback comment code -- */

Monday, August 30, 2004

Just Another Manic Monday...

Yep, Monday is at it again. Here I sit in my office wishing it would be over. Now, don't get me wrong, this hasn't been a terrible day. In fact, as far as Monday's go, its been pretty good. But, no matter how you slice it, its still a Monday.

See, on Monday's you still have that lingering feeling of happiness at being off work. Tue, Wed and Thur are when real work happens and Friday is spent wishing quitting time would arrive. So, I'm here thinking about happier times this past weekend.

Friday was great as I did another poker tourney and won again. Not so much cash this time but a win is a win. Saturday was the last baseball game of the season and Sunday was a quick 9 holes. But, here's the catch: I took BOTH kids. Yes, that's right...

Let me explain a little about golf and kids. When you play by yourself, you stand up there on the tee box. You get your concentration level at its highest. You see yourself hitting the perfect shot. Then, you swing and you hit some crappy shot and think, "I should have concentrated more". Now, insert 2 rugrats under 4 yrs old....

You stand up there on the tee box. You get your concentration level at its highest. Suddenly you hear, "Daddy, is it my turn?"
"No son, not yet."
"Daddy, is it my turn then?"
"No honey, it's not your turn either."
So, back to concentration. You pull back the driver and at the top of your swing you hear:
"But its my turn!"
So, now what was going to be a crappy shot anyway is now a flat out disaster. Regardless, its fun to see how they want to do everything you do. They try so hard to be big yet are just hilarious that they are so small.

So, a word of advice on golf and kids. Play 9 with the kids on Sunday. But play 18 by yourself on Saturday. Now if I can just get the wife to agree to 2 golf games per weekend...