/* -- trackback comment code -- */

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Ola bloggers! Today is the day before Friday! Yes, you always have to find some way to feel good about the day. lol...

So, let's think about yesterday's news. Well, the big event of the day was that I went flying with Brian. I must admit, I'm always a little tense about it when I first get in the plane but once we leave the ground, I'm always really into it. I don't have much point of reference but he seems like a very good pilot. He is very diligent about checking everything and not taking anything for granted. Safety man, safety.

So, we flew up to Lake Texoma and looked around. HUGE lake. I knew it was big but from the air you can really get a sense of how big. We landed at a little strip near Lake Texoma Resort on the Oklahoma side. We jumped out, got a coke at the Citgo next to the airport, jumped back in and took off. We flew around the area a little more and then started home.

On the way, we saw some lights in the distance off to the west so we turned and flew out there. Now, the cool thing about going over there was that there were these HUGE towers that were like 1900 feet tall (2600 above sea level). Flying over the top of them, you could really get a sense for how tall these things were. You would definitely not want to screw up and fly into the thing.

The lights were just some practice rodeo area as best we could tell. There were some dudes on horses but there were no grandstands or even livestock there so I'm still not sure exact what it was. I didn't have any binoculars so I couldn't see exactly what they were doing.

On the way back, Brian let me fly some. I made a few turns and then lined us up for approach to the McKinney airport. I though he would take over but he let me handle the plane until we were about 200 yards from the runway. Maybe even less. He handled all the power and trim but I flew the stick. Once we got almost to flair height, he took over and landed. It was still very cool for me since that is the closest I've ever come to landing a plane.

I've thought of doing my private before but not sure if I will or not. If I do, it will be after I finish my MBA and I'll have to do a few more rides with Brian to decide for sure. Its a lot of work and a lot of money. So, I'd have to be really sure I wanted to do it.

Let see, lastly, I've been reading many of the blogs from Iraq. Here are the ones I frequent:

http://www.missick.com/warblog.htm
http://iraqthemodel.blogspot.com/
http://cbftw.blogspot.com/
http://www.thegreenside.com/Home.asp?SID=4170&N=Home
http://www.thequestingcat.com/blog/index.shtml

Well, that's all bloggers... see ya tomorrow!