/* -- trackback comment code -- */

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

I'm back. Again another post. Man, this is becoming a regular event! Today, I'm pissed. I have this bride, we'll call her Lisa. I call Lisa to tell her that we have her DVD ready and that I'll need final payment before we ship her video. She tells me she wants to talk to her husband first. WHAT?? Lisa, you owe me money. Well, she calls back and says that they want to preview it before paying. Now, I can understand they are nervous about it. But the contract clearly states we require payment before delivery. So, I end up negotiating with her for like 30 minutes. Now, I have to meet the husband, let him preview it in my presence, then pay me, then I give him the DVD. What a pain in the ass. This is the exact reason I want to get out of the videography business. People think I should take all the risk. We put hours into this video and now I'm suppose to just hand it over and hope they like it and pay? GIVE ME A BREAK!

Now, I'm not unreasonable. I understand there is a leap of faith on her side. But, she paid the photographer UP FRONT. I know, if anyone actually reads this blog, you're saying, "You damn fool, you should have had her pay you too." And you'd be right. But, we didn't and now I'm screwed. She better deliver my money or she isn't getting anything.

Oh well, live and learn. I need to get back to focusing on my main job anyway. 2 days of class left and only until Sept with this damn videography business. Then, I can focus on my full time job, my family and my hobbies (what are those?).